No colour printing?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:38:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:16:27 +0000, Scott Anderson
<scott_anderson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am confused as to why my printer will not print in colour.  The
> cartridge is installed and I have every reason to believe it's full
> (it's brand new, in fact - also, if it was running low on ink one would
> expect to see strands of unmixed colours from the dregs, while my
> printer's output seems to deliberately render anything in colour to
> greyscale).
>
> This happens in all printing, regardless of the software involved (gimp,
> acrobat, office etc.).  It is an hp deskjet 920c, driver is hpijs.
> Driver is set to 300dpi, colour, black + colour cartridge (i.e.,
> printout mode = normal).
>
> Black and white is fine (and, evidently, grayscale too).
>
> Has anyone else ever encountered this, or similar?  Cheers in advance,
>
> Scott.

You probably have done this but I would recheck the setting in Driver
Options tab and make sure that the 300 dpi, colour, black + colour
cartridge is saved in the printer configuration file.  I would also
perform the test print from Printer Configuration before exiting.