How can I install & configure WINE under FC3?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Feb 3 23:27:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 17:18 +0100, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > # wine IEXPLORE.EXE
> >
> > Also, it may not be in your path, so you may have to give a fully
> > qualified windowsified path:
> >
> > # wine "c:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE" &
> >
> > To find out where something is in your wine tree, try:
> >
> > find .wine -iname "*.exe" | less
> >
> > or variations on that. For more information, "info find".
> Fantastic!!! Now it works - I had a feeling it was just me being silly. Next
> step: how do i add it to my 'path'?
>
> That's really great - if i can get it working with java then we can get into
> our internet banking. That's the last thing we're using windows for (other
> than ArchiCad)
>
> choice - Duncan

Uh...   You trust IE and internet banking?  ROFLMAO
Why do you do that?
What about the BHOs and other such that are an IE weakness and not just
the OS weakness?

I have been harping on my bank because their home page displays
different on Firefox on Linux, than it does on Firefox on Windows.

I told them that if they cannot support my OS and Browser of choice,
that I have used fur many years, I will change banks.

It has stirred them to action (at least I have gotten several email
replies) and we will soon see if they fix it.