Gmail Invites

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Fri Feb 4 02:50:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:58:18PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> For those of you who use gmail and aren't smart enough to know...
> offering invites to a mail list is called SPAM

No - sorry, it isn't, Unless you want to consider any offer of 'Hey -
anybody want an "X"? I got a free one" to also be spam.

On the Linux user groups email lists I inhabit this type of thing goes
on all the time and it is welcome.

Frankly its just being friendly and acting in the sprirt of this
overall, very helpful and open community - The Fedora email list.

Pray, please continue.

Further more, Google is, in its own way, a Linux entity and its
activities are almosty always of interest to Linux email lists, at least
as much as the history of the fax is anyway.

> It is surely against the rules of this or any other list
No.

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"