Gmail Invites

linux.whiz at gmail.com linux.whiz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 03:05:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:48:52 -0700, Craig White
<craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:> ----
> wow - guess I tripped your trigger

Nah, not really.

> If you look at
> <https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg02085.html>
>
> You will see Dave Jones from Red Hat say much the same thing (and
> specifically about offering invites for gmail on this list.

Hmmm, wait just a minute...  Checking my give a shit bucket.  Nope, still empty!

> With respect to your personal sniping at me for pointing out what should
> be - but apparently isn't obvious to you, offers for things like gmail,
> tupperware, amway products and other viral marketing items simply can't
> be tolerated as it would pollute this list if unchecked.

GMail = free for the recipient.  Amway, Tupperware, etc. are not free,
and there is commercial intent.  Make a more rational comparo and
maybe I'll think you less of a dope.

> I don't aspire to be list nazi as you put it. Just trying to promote
> common sense.

Your common sense, not mine.  You are not anyone to impose your will
on the list.

> If you don't like my posts, I suggest that you take a dose
> of your own medicine and delete my posts...or I suppose you can offer
> more glimpses into your exploding psyche as demonstrated above.

Ooh, "exploding psyche!"  I like that, I'll have to remember that!  It's good.

But pray tell, why aren't you going after the aforementioned off-topic
posters (I think I mentioned the greylisting and the history of the
FAX threads.  Those are certainly off topic, aren't they?  Go get 'em,
boy!  Sic 'em!

LW