Gmail Invites

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Fri Feb 4 03:09:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:56:35PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 21:50 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
>

> > > It is surely against the rules of this or any other list
> > No.
> >
> ---
> I don't make the rules, don't moderate this or any other list and really
> don't aspire to list nazi status but if you look at my other post, you
> will see that I am not alone in this belief

Sorry Craig, but that one other person you are referring to was
stating a personal preference, not a list rule.  This list is currently
moderated by:

 fedora-list list run by wtogami at redhat.com, byte at aeon.com.my

Not the person you are referring too.  Despite being from RedHat he is
just another list member. (Of course he does have easy access to Bill
Togami! :-) )

You are correct in stating that it is a belief.

If such items were to be outlawed as off-topic on this list
it would create all kinds of chaos and stricture that would do actual
harm to the spontaneity and humanity of this list.  RedHat, wisely,
almost never takes direct action in their email lists, preferring to let
each respective community work out its own traditions and customs as
best fists that particular community.

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"