Gmail Invites

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Fri Feb 4 03:22:11 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 12:34 -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, David Hoffman wrote:

>>their viral marketing effort has probably run out of steam. I suspect that
>>the novelty of having 1GB of mail storage has probably worn off and the
>>early adopters who have access to reasonable mail accounts elsewhere have
>>gone back to them.
>>

>---
>I don't know about their viral marketing effort running out of steam, it
>has managed to pollute this list once again.
>
>For those of you who use gmail and aren't smart enough to know...
>
>offering invites to a mail list is called SPAM
>
>It is surely against the rules of this or any other list
>
>Craig

Ok Craig,

I don't want to go into this nazi/non-nazi stuff, but don;t you think
we're overreacting here? The guy just made an offer . His subject was
clear enough - whoever doesn't like, just delete it. The way I see it,
he had something good, and wanted to pass away. It isn't marketing. It
didn't hurt anyone and, in the worst case scenario, offered something
that some people here might appreciate. What's wrong with that?

BTW, the link you posted in your reply to the "linux.whiz" is for what
seems a personal communication. It's clearly off-topic and can very well
be done off-list. But it isn't the case here: the guy sent the
invitation. whoever wants it, can contact him off-list. (As I did.)

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student