Gmail Invites

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 4 03:27:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 22:09 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> > > No.
> > >
> > ---
> > I don't make the rules, don't moderate this or any other list and really
> > don't aspire to list nazi status but if you look at my other post, you
> > will see that I am not alone in this belief
>
> Sorry Craig, but that one other person you are referring to was
> stating a personal preference, not a list rule.  This list is currently
> moderated by:
>
>  fedora-list list run by wtogami at redhat.com, byte at aeon.com.my
>
> Not the person you are referring too.  Despite being from RedHat he is
> just another list member. (Of course he does have easy access to Bill
> Togami! :-) )
---
That is Warren Togami - I haven't a clue where you get Bill from.
---

> You are correct in stating that it is a belief.
---
in that the belief of such is deemed rules to operate with respect for
others, it is both a belief and a rule. If there is no desire to
demonstrate respect for others, then it clearly is not a rule.
---
> If such items were to be outlawed as off-topic on this list
> it would create all kinds of chaos and stricture that would do actual
> harm to the spontaneity and humanity of this list.  RedHat, wisely,
> almost never takes direct action in their email lists, preferring to let
> each respective community work out its own traditions and customs as
> best fists that particular community.
---
I presume you meant best 'fits' or was that a 'Freudian slip?'

Taking action is a relative measure as everyone has the opportunity to
post if registered and so long as they aren't destructive to the
'commerce' of this list, most things are tolerated.

The issue is really where does it end? Is this acceptable because it is
about email and everyone uses email to access this list? I don't think
so but obviously, you differ.

I'm done with this thread - you all can beat it up all you want.

Craig