Need some help creating kernel

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Feb 4 12:23:08 UTC 2005

I've been working modifying the G4L (Ghost for Linux) disks.
I've had to figure out the use of dialog, and how to reverse engineer
the configuration options of the busybox utilty to add some extra
options.

Now my program. The source the author provides includes two
kernels that the system can use at bootup. g4l and g4lold. No files
seem to be on the system. I downloaded the kernel from kernel. org,
and have built it with the extra scsi driver that another user sent to
me. I've tried building the kernel with a few options, and creating a
new cd image with the extra kernel, but it comes up with bad or
corrupt image.

I've tried to contact the author, but he has not checked in since
11/18. He doesn't responsed to email messages to his listed yahoo
account either.

I think it is just some option I'm missing.

This is the contents of the isolinux.cfg file.

SAY Enter 'g4l' for common g4l kernel (SCSI/sATA/GBit network
support) or 'g4lold' for old kernel.

DEFAULT g4l

LABEL g4l
    KERNEL g4l
    APPEND initrd=ramdisk.gz ramdisk_size=32768 root=/dev/ram0
LABEL g4lold
    KERNEL g4lold
    APPEND initrd=ramdisk.gz ramdisk_size=32768 root=/dev/ram0

PROMPT 1
TIMEOUT 100
ONTIMEOUT g4l

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  15,503
Processing time:  30 years,  14 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes
(Total Hours: 263,149)