RedHat network monitor fiasco

Peter Woodward (Home) peter at petew.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 12:28:53 UTC 2005

I'm running FC3, and for a few weeks had successfully used the automatic
detection, download and installation feature of the RedHatNetwork
Monitor tool.

Then I mistakenly thought that I should register -  big mistake !!

two problems
firstly failure to register.After running rhm_register
the registration failed with:-

> Invalid Architecture and OS release combination (3, i686-redhat-linux).
>
> Your system has been registered, but will not receive updates
>
> because it is not subscribed to a channel. If you have not yet
>
> activated your product for service, please visit our website at:

Next, when trying to update I get

> Error Message:
>
> Service not enabled for system profile: "<profile deleted by petew>"
>
> Error Class Code: 31
>
> Error Class Info:
>
> This system does not have a valid entitlement for Red Hat Network.
>
> Please visit https://rhn.redhat.com/network/systems/entitlements.pxt
>
> or login at https://rhn.redhat.com, and from the "Systems" tab,
>
> select "System Entitlements" to enable RHN service for this system.
>
> Explanation:
>
> An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
>
> persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
>
> If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>
> details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>
> details on how to reproduce this problem

I want to know if anybody has experienced this problem.
Can anybody suggest, how to a) fix this problem or b) get back to the
earlier working situation before I attempted to register ?

Thanks,

pete woodward