FC3 and MySQL, did it install or not?

Ricardo rcfernandes at sapo.pt
Fri Feb 4 11:43:35 UTC 2005

This time I will try to make no errors. Sorry for my mistake with
postgresql. :-(

I had a similar problem when I try to install PHP5 with Mysql 4.3.3. The
mysqld deamon wouldn't start. So now I turn again to mysql-
server-3.23.58-14, but I kept PHP5 (in a machine for development), and
it is running ok.

I made a force install of mysql4 (#rpm -hiv --force ...) but it went
wrong. (because of some lib needed for other programs, maybe a symbolic
link to the new lib would solve it, I didn't try)

Then I clean the mysql with : #rpm -e mysql4... (all mysql packages ,
mysql,server,devel...)
I clean the /var/lib/mysql.
And installed it again:

rpm -hiv mysql-3.23.58-14.i386.rpm mysql-server-3.23.58-14.i386.rpm
mysql-devel-3.23.58-14.i386.rpm

And it's running just ok.

Does anyone know if there is a rpm for mysql5? Does a symbolic link to
the new lib libmysqlclient.so.14 from libmysqlclient.so.10 will make
other programs work?

Ricardo Fernandes