Taking the plunge

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Fri Feb 4 13:25:31 UTC 2005

thebearwitchproject escribió:

> My second question invlved DVD software. I currently
> use MainConcept to re-encode avi files and TMPGE to
> burn DVDs. Is there linux versions of these? If not
> can you recommend some good re-encoding and burning
> software?

To re-encode and that kind of stuff, you might use the "Transcode video
encoding suite" [1] and dvd::rip [2] (the later is based on the first one)

As to DVD-ROM burning, I don't have any experince in that (don't have a
dvd burner yet...), but I believe "k3b" (which is included in FC3) would
handle it.

[1] http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode
[2] http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

Regards,