[apic]Installation with kernels 2.6.9 and 2.6.10

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 13:27:00 UTC 2005

Daniel Moyne wrote:
> Apparently "apic" mode is not on with kernels 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 ; is there any
> option to be passed through GRUB to get this installed should we agree that
> these kernels have "apic" modules integrated ?

Well, the *smp kernels should have it on.

I believe that it's "not on" (in uniprocessor) as in "it's not compiled
in" as in "there's no code to enable".

It's not available as a module: it's too low-level inside the kernel.

Either install and use a SMP kernel, or roll you own.

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | "Now I've got the bead on you with MY disintegrating
Exeter    Devon    UK | gun.  And when it disintegrates, it disintegrates.