A stupid mistake!

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Feb 4 14:14:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 15:11 +0100, Anders Damm wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Just upgraded my home workstation to FC3 (AMD-CPU). i did a vanila installation on a new
> hd (hda) on a other machine and after copying my files and configs, replaced the hda in my workstation.
>
> The stupid thing is that I didn't for a moment considerd that the other machine has a Intel-CPU.
> So now I have a working FC3 Intel-installation running on a AMD!
>
> Is there some easy way to fix this, or just reinstall ?

   Follow your instincts, it's easier than it looks.  You should be able
to just "update" the existing installation from FC3 Disk one.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller