desktop refresh

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Feb 4 14:44:27 UTC 2005

hi people

sorry if this has already been discussed on the list but a search of the
mailing lists returned nothing ...

I use my desktop alot as the place for saving anything - ie. downloads
from the net, attachments from emails, etc... - but FC3 is annoying in
that it doesn't refresh my desktop when new files are added.

I end up either forcing a refresh by opening nautilus to my desktop and
hitting Ctrl-R, or if I wait long enough - it will refresh itself (ie.
10 - 30 mins?)

But both of those solutions suck quite a lot.

Anyone experiencing the same problem and/or have a solution?

thanks

pantz