desktop refresh

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Fri Feb 4 14:59:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 09:44 -0500, Paul Pianta wrote:

> Anyone experiencing the same problem and/or have a solution?

Yes. Pre-FC3 Nautilus used FAM to monitor changes to the filesystem. In
FC3 FAM has been deprecated in favour of something else, but I can't
remember what it is called. Anyway, I don't think my problems are quite
as bad as yours, but it certainly takes a couple of minutes before
Nautilus updates its open folders. I would search bugzilla for this but
as I can't remember what the name of the new filesystem monitoring
thingy is, I don't really know what to search for.

Best, Darren