nvidia and FC3

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fri Feb 4 16:58:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

does anyone have a working config with the closed source nvidia kernel
module, 6629, and the current 760 kernel on FC3 ?
I have the problem, with starting X, my laptop looks freezed ... I have
to reboot it.

I am running the latest 760 kernel, with a GeForce 2 Go chipset on a NEC
laptop ... I had the same trouble with the previous FC3 kernel also.
Installation and loading the module is fine, only starting X freezes my
box.

Any ideas ?

Thnx
 Alex

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com