DL380/G2 Hot plug 72G DAT tape drive not working on

Armbruster, David DArmbruster at ParkerVision.com
Fri Feb 4 18:10:32 UTC 2005

>>Armbruster, David wrote:
>>
>> Mogens - Its a hot plug SCSI drive connected to the 5i RAID Controller. I

>> used a little script to engage the scsi once booted but it complains of
I/O
>> errors and offlines the drive. I can pull a status off the drive with mt,
>> but any attempt to write to the drive and its gone until the next boot
time.
>> Very strange......
>>

>I assume that it is a script like:
>
>http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758
+1107524368927+28353475&threadId=717816

>What gets logged in /var/log/messages when this is run?
>
>You're running with the cciss driver? You might want to check
>the mailing list at
>http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=cciss-discuss
>to see if there's any help.
>
>Mogens

Mogens - Yes that is the script I found and another which yielded similar
results.
I'll take a peek at the SourceForge archive and see if I can find anything.
Thanks
for the help!!   Dave