Any mailing list for Fedora newbies?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:15:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:09:12 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> Rajev Mhasawade wrote:
> > Oh plzzz,i didnt call u guys geeks in a derogatory or cruel way.Im
> > really sorry if u find it obscure.I didnt meant it that way.
> > I mean as far as i know what geek is one who is addicted to the
> > computer or Internet, one who is skilled with computers.I wrote this
> > bcoz i cud harly understand that high techno-lingo used in mailing
> > lists and started feeling down bcoz of my dumbness.
> > Perhaps,experts is a word which wouldnt sound obscure?
> > Hence plz dont misunderstand me.
>
> As somebody mentioned earlier, I don't think anyone took offence at your
> use of the term "geek". Don't worry about it.

And actually, my comments were not directed at Rajev for making the
statement. They were directed at someone named "thebearwitchproject"
(apparently using their child's account to log into what should be a
more professional level mailing list) about his comments.

Rajev, you are fine. Don't worry about it. The other writer, who only
served to waste our time with his post, must have felt insulted
himself and doesn't know that those of us who have been here for a
while throw the word "geek" around plenty, just like the examples I
gave of use in the commercial world.

Just feel free to ask your questions and I'm sure one of us geeks
would be happy to help you out.