STMP Auth Failure

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Feb 4 19:29:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 13:51 -0500, Robin Curts wrote:
> This is interesting, I'm not sure how to fix it... but it seems like my
> subdomain is incorrect:
> [SVR:mail]$=> sendmail -d0.1 -bv root
> Version 8.13.1
>  Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
>                 MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
> NETINET6
>                 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS
> TCPWRAPPERS
>                 USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT
>
> ============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
>       (short domain name) $w = intrastudios
>   (canonical domain name) $j = intrastudios.com
>          (subdomain name) $m = com
>               (node name) $k = intrastudios.com
>
> (forgive me... i'm a programmer, never had the chops to be a linux admin
> :) :) )

I don't think there's anything unusual there. Let's compare with mine:

#  sendmail -d0.1 -bv root
Version 8.13.3
 Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
NETINET6
                NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF SOCKETMAP
STARTTLS
                TCPWRAPPERS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = goalkeeper
  (canonical domain name) $j = goalkeeper.city-fan.org
         (subdomain name) $m = city-fan.org
              (node name) $k = goalkeeper.city-fan.org

paul... deliverable: mailer local, user paul

$m just seems to be the parent domain of $j

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>