Any mailing list for Fedora newbies?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:02:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:11:59 -0800, Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
> David Hoffman wrote:
> <snip>
>  > Just feel free to ask your questions and I'm sure one of us geeks
> > would be happy to help you out.
>
> <tongue-in-cheek>
> Speak for yourself, David.  I, for one, resent being called a "geek".
> I prefer "nerd", thank you!  Or even better, "Your Great Nerdiness!"
> </tongue-in-cheek>  :-D

LOL,

I bow to you wondrous Nerdly one.

I know a few years ago I started seeing ads for a company called
"Geeks on call" and wondered how that was going to come across.
Several weeks ago, I went to my local Best Buy, and found that they
have new signage up in certain places in the store where you can buy
components and have work done on your machine. The signs say "Geek
Squad".

Not sure I'd like to be behind the counter and have to wear that T-shirt.