dud commands

micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Sat Feb 5 03:23:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 03:40 +0100, iurodivii wrote:
> thank you very much you two...i am reading up on the http://linuxcommand.org/ tutorial site on the command line and after that i will check out your suggestion  www.tldp.org thierry.  if anything learning to get fedora up and running will teach me a helluva lot!!

Anytime, that is what the list is for.

> Michael,
> less /etc/resolv.conf returned a blank screen
On my machine it returns my primary DNS entry, Ymmv, depending on how
you have your networking set up. Sounds like you have an empty file.

> less /etc/host.conf returned an all but blank screen with "order hosts, bind" at the bottom.
> i'll be reading up on this but all help is graciously appreciated.
My host.conf is exactly the same. That is the only line in the file :)

Good luck on your reading, and welcome to the community