Is Fedora Core1 'tooo' old?

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Sat Feb 5 04:32:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 18:23 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Win98 support is yet available (or needed)
>
> Windows 98 support from Microsoft ended in June 2002; see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin

Actually Security issue support is available though June 30, 2006 ...
not that they have been providing fixes for anything other than IE on
98se.

If you want long upgrade cycles then the RHEL and it's clones are
probably the way to go.

Of course at work we are still using Win95 & DOS because that is what
some of the data collection applications require and won't run well on
98 and fail totally on 2000 and above.

Paul