FC3 on Toshiba Satellite A15-S129 Laptop?

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Sat Feb 5 05:15:53 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:39, Rick Bilonick wrote:
>

>>Has anyone successfully installed FC3 on a Toshiba Satellite A15-S129
>>laptop? I'm currently still running RH9 on mine. Several months ago I
>>tried installing FC2. It would install but the pcmcia slot no longer
>>functioned. When I would plug my wireless card in (or any pcard) it
>>would not even beep, let alone work. I had to re-insall RH9. I would
>>love to try FC3 but don't want to have to re-install RH9 if FC3 doesn't
>>work with the pcmcia slot. How can I check this out in advance?
>>
>>Rick B.
>>

>I just installed FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M2.   Having a problem at the
>moment getting the built in ipw2200bg wireless to work.  I have also
>found that if the wireless on/off switch is thrown FC3 locks up solid.
>(is that worth a bug report?)
>
>It seems to see the wireless interface, able to run an iwlist scan and
>see the available APs but have been unable to connect to an AP.
>
>But to your problem.  What does lspci give you?  How about cardctrl
>status and cardctl ident?
>
>And did you try:
>
>service pcmcia restart

It was a while ago that I tried installing FC2. The wireless drivers
were never loaded and the pcmcia slot did not seem to function. I'm sure
I didn't try to run the service pcmcia restart command.

Trying lspci now under RH9 gives me a line with "CardBus bridge: Toshiba
America Info Systems ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (rev
33)". Doing /sbin/cardctl ident gives "Socket 0: product info: "D",
"Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card", "version 01.02","" manfid: 0x0156,
0x0002 function: 6 (network).

Rick B.