Recording a phone conversation

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Feb 5 09:34:55 UTC 2005

On 02/04/2005 08:18:54 PM, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> Hi, I want to be able to record a phone conversation from a phone
> plugged into a generic external modem. I have a mixer control for
> phone
> in the gnome sound mixer, but I cant get anything to record from it.
>
> Any pointers on where to start looking would be welcome.  Thanks

Don't have an answer - but be aware that in some places, law requires
you to notify the other party that it is being recorded, and sometimes,
law requires that it beep every few minutes.

Don't know if that is true in New Zealand or not, but it may be.

-=-
When I've done that sort of thing, I've always gone from a phone to the
line-in. The soundcard probably has better analog to digital conversion
for voice than most modems would.