Recording a phone conversation

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 09:44:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Don't have an answer - but be aware that in some places, law requires
> you to notify the other party that it is being recorded, and sometimes,
> law requires that it beep every few minutes.
>
> Don't know if that is true in New Zealand or not, but it may be.

When it goes through to voicemail, you're fine. If the conversation is
between you and another person or for use by the police (as has happened
with me), then you don't.

If it is for a companies purposes (such as telemarketing or banks etc)
then you have to be warned as it may be used for "training" purposes (in
other words, many people listen to it).

Of course, these change between countries. I know the above is fine for
the UK and US (IIRC).

TTFN

Paul
--
"I don't know how World War III will be fought, but I do know World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein