Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Feb 5 12:00:37 UTC 2005

D. D. Brierton wrote:
> I've been a RHL and FC user for quite some time. I've been on the
> mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. But this
> mailing list is strangling itself. The volume is way too high. Look at
> the beginning of the Fedora Project and see how many Red Hat engineers
> regularly posted to this list, and now look at how many do (Tim Waugh
> and Dave Jones make an occasional appearance here these days, and we're
> lucky to have them). That's it. Who's driven them away? WE HAVE.

Totally in agreement, please read my post on this subject here.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/2005/02/04/

Key to the problem is that mailing lists are far from the best medium
for end-user support.  We need to steer end-users to an entirely
different medium in order to scale effectively.  Official project change
in that direction is happening soon.  Read the link above for details.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com