Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 12:04:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:00:37 -1000, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > I've been a RHL and FC user for quite some time. I've been on the
> > mailing lists, and had bugzilla accounts for a long time now. But this
> > mailing list is strangling itself. The volume is way too high. Look at
> > the beginning of the Fedora Project and see how many Red Hat engineers
> > regularly posted to this list, and now look at how many do (Tim Waugh
> > and Dave Jones make an occasional appearance here these days, and we're
> > lucky to have them). That's it. Who's driven them away? WE HAVE.
> >

> Totally in agreement, please read my post on this subject here.
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/2005/02/04/
>
> Key to the problem is that mailing lists are far from the best medium
> for end-user support.  We need to steer end-users to an entirely
> different medium in order to scale effectively.  Official project change
> in that direction is happening soon.  Read the link above for details.

while I agree with the problem, I dont agree with the solution. forums
are going to worsen the problem rather than resolve it. what we need
is a good set of guidelines thats *documented* well in an official
manner

while the community itself can enforce these guidelines, it needs more
official direction from the fedora project

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram