No drivers for the intel marvell yukon NIC for FC3...

Beppe nytrodb at katamail.com
Sat Feb 5 13:11:00 UTC 2005

Serge de Souza wrote:

> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Alan :) wrote:
>>
>>> NIC (Integrated in the motherboard)... Marvell Yukon Ethernet
>>>
>>> THE PROBLEM:
>>> ===================================================
>>> There appears that there's no support for this NIC from the FC3
>>> distribution set. There are drivers at
>>> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/ for redhat only.
>>>

>>> Does anybody have a solution for this problem?
>>> Can anybody point me in the right direction?
>>

>> Try the sk98lin driver. Works for Marvell and Syskonnect.
>

> Yup just install fedora core 3, the driver is already there, the
> installer should detect and configure it all appropriately.
>
> Otherwise a "modprobe sk98lin" will make the device available.

Hi.
I have the same problem.
NIC isn't detected and "modprobe sk98lin" doesn't have ny effect.
I tried to configure via "system-config-network" leaving all hardware
parameter as default (IRQ unknown and the others one empty). Activating
the device the following error
occurs "sk98lin device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization."

Can anybody help me.
10x

Beppe