Activating wireless card at boot

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sat Feb 5 14:53:12 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 2:10 pm, akonstam at trinity.edu flailed at a keyboard
and produced this:

> In my precious message on your problem I forgot to mention that you
> need pcmcia properly configured . Has that been done?

I assume so, since the wireless device *does* work.  It's seen at boot (I can
see it coming up during the start-up dialogue).  It just doesn't work unless
I execute those commands at root.

Incidentally, I've found that these two commands are all that I need:

# iwconfig wlan0 key restricted <my-key>
# ifconfig wlan0 <ip-address>

Since I've decided to use a static IP address for the computer on my home
network.  I still need to execute these manually if I want to use the
wireless card.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)