Fedora 3 instalation for PDC

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 15:53:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 07:48, rmgsantos at sapo.pt wrote:
> Thanks to all
>
> For what I understand I must install the minimum possible packages plus
> Samba, Right?

Yes, that is about the only way you will get this to work on that
system.

> I have a few more questions ;) Does the FC3 includes Samba 3 package?

Yes.

> Is the FC3 very different from RH9? I'm asking this because I had a
> DHCP/Firewall/Router RH9 Linux installation on this IBM and it worked fine
> for about 1 year (never made a reboot).

You will have a 2.6 kernel.  Since you won't be loading many of the
additional applications (GUI and other services) it won't look much
different from other linux systems in text mode.

You should have better hardware support but with the system you have
much of that is not even required.

Just don't expect that box to be a screamer.  :)

But if all you are doing with it is PDC work it should hold up unless
you have thousands of clients.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Nothing is rich but the inexhaustible wealth of nature.
She shows us only surfaces, but she is a million fathoms deep.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson