Trimming kernel

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sat Feb 5 17:41:42 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 18:25 +0000, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:

> Is there a tool that I could run to create the smallest .config that
> would give me the same functionality as the 'universal' jumbo kernel?

You probably want to compile a kernel from source. Read the release
notes.

While we have kernel-sourcecode-2.6.10-1.760_FC3.i686.rpm available via
FTP, we are still "working" with our ISP to provide sufficient bandwidth
to enable you obtain this in a reasonable amount of time. You would  be
better off doing this yourself.