Activating wireless card at boot

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 18:31:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 13:01, jim lawrence wrote:

> > But like the OP on this thread, what is keeping the wireless interface
> > from starting and connecting at boot time?
> >
> If Network Manager is running, then it will keep you from using the
> wireless-tools
> opena  terminal as root
> service NetworkManager stop
>
> then try the wireless tools.

Actually that is where I started.   had to enable and start
NetworkManager per your excellent instructions in order to get a
connection to the AP.

Best I could tell the system saw the card and I was able to issue
various commands such as iwlist scan and it reported the APs in this
area.  But I was never able to get a connection to the AP.  I kept
getting that generic error about no link and to check the cable
connection.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

How many weeks are there in a light year?