Trimming kernel

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 19:31:08 UTC 2005

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> AFAICT, you'll have to manually configure the kernel. I don't know of
> any automatic tool that is able to create a .config for you that
> reflect your exact hardware configuration.

On the other hand, it's not *that* difficult to configure your own
kernel. Keep a known good one around, and refer to its .config file. If
you're not sure, and you can, build stuff as modules. Then look at which
modules you're actually using. And you'll learn a lot!

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | Carol Cleveland: Oh no - what kind of Spanish
Exeter    Devon    UK |                  Inquisition?