How to tell Fedora

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 21:35:24 UTC 2005

Hi I would like to know how to tell Fedora that my PC is a NoteBook.
How do I go about doing this???   Also how can I tell if i'm using apm
or acpi?  the suspend command don't work as per the "Battery thread
earlier
--

 1. if I try to suspend with the battery applet I get the following error
         The Suspend command '/usr/bin/apm -s' was unsuccessful

One response i got was this....

The current kernels default to acpi instead of apm for power management.
I *believe*, although I'm not sure, that if you stop the acpid service
and start the apmd service then you can use apm for power management.

> 2. it seems that the battery life drains really fast if I run just on
> the battery. Is there a setting I can change so the battery won't get
> drained so fast?

>Read these:

>man laptop_mode
>man laptop-mode.conf
>less /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.10/Documentation/laptop-mode.txt

No such entries in my PC for the above 3

~Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813