vpnclient load problem solved

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 22:17:06 UTC 2005

This is just to record a solution to a problem with cisco VPN client.  I
found the answer in last months archives of the list and wanted to thank
S. Bandyophadhyay for providing the solution.  Just goes to show,
searching the list does work.  :)

Now that I have wireless working with FC3 and the Tecra M2 I am trying
to get some additional items working including a VPN client.

When I try to start the vpnclient I get the following error:

/etc/init.d/vpnclient_init start

Starting /usr/local/bin/vpnclient: insmod: error inserting
'/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.760_FC3/CiscoVPN/cisco_ipsec.ko': -1 Invalid
module format

The solution provided is below.  I made the change to the interceptor.c
file as described below and reinstalled the vpn software.  That resolved
the problem above.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30438

there is a patch posted in that thread. basically move

static int
inline supported_device(struct net_device* dev)
{
}

*before*

static int
add_netdev(struct net_device *dev)
{

}

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I'm not afraid of death -- I just don't want to be there when it happens.
		-- Woody Allen