How to tell Fedora

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 22:25:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 16:35, jim lawrence wrote:
> Hi I would like to know how to tell Fedora that my PC is a NoteBook.
> How do I go about doing this???   Also how can I tell if i'm using apm
> or acpi?  the suspend command don't work as per the "Battery thread
> earlier

I don't think Fedora sets any particular flags or anything to identify
the system as a notebook or server.  Most likely you want to make sure
acpi or apm is loaded and that your system supports one of those.  I
believe Fedora defaults to acpi unless you override that on the boot
line.

Other differences is that you probably don't have pcmcia slots on your
server.  I think most of the stuff is pretty similar if not the same.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Beware of a dark-haired man with a loud tie.