FC3 on Toshiba Satellite A15-S129 Laptop?

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Sun Feb 6 05:35:46 UTC 2005

>Well I found with FC2 that pcmcia network cards (wired or wireless) did
>not work in a logical fashion.  Since network services started before
>pcmcia the network cards would not startup at boot time if you marked
>them to start at boot time.  They would start at boot time if you marked
>them NOT to start at boot.  Not logical at all.  But it has been working
>on my Dell latitude for well over a year now.
>
>I can't tell from what you sent what chip set that particular card has.
>I have a DWL-G650 that use with the prism54 drivers.  I believe your
>card has a different chip set.
>
>If you try FC3 on it again try to restart pcmcia services and look
>through the log files and post relevant portions here.

The D-Link DWL-650 that I have is a Prism II card. It uses the orinoco
and orinoco_cs drivers. I could also use the wlan-ng or the hostap
drivers as far as I know but I've not tried them. (These drivers support
scanning.)

What concerns me is that the pcmcia slot did not appear to function at
all. I tried putting in a modem card and the wireless card and there was
no beep to indicate that a card had been inserted into the pcmcia slot.
I'm concerned that the pcmcia slot may not be supprted as it is in RH9.

To get your DWL-G650 to work in FC2, did you have to install manually
any drivers or is it all included in FC2?

Rick B.