Gimp Question

Paul F. Almquist paul at almquist.name
Sun Feb 6 07:03:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 18:02, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> This use to work just fine.
>
> Drawin with paintbrush - worked.
> Added text - worked.
>
> Went back to paintbrush - it won't do anything now.
> Last text I typed is still selected in a box - I suspect that's why,
> but I really can't figure out how to tell the Gimp I want to draw some
> more.
>
> Selecting the brush use to just work - how do I draw again?
Assuming you are using gimp v2+
text handling has changed from v1.  when you add text a new layer is
automatically created.   watch the "layers, channels, paths" window.  if the
layers window does not automatically open then use ctrl-L when mouse is in
the image or main windows.

after creating your text, in the layers window click on the little image or
the layer name to the right of it to switch to the layer you want to edit
(paint, etc).

if you have not learned to use layers yet take the time to do so.  it will pay
off well for you.  while working on an image save it in xcf format (gimp
native format) which will preserve the layers.  when your work is completed
then save it as jpeg, png, or what ever format you need.

paul
--
Paul F. Almquist
paul at almquist.name