How to set festival voice in FC-2?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sun Feb 6 14:05:21 UTC 2005

I am running  festival 1.4.2 in Fedora Core 2. It works but I am having
problems trying to configure it to suit me.

The following command works normally.
temp]# festival  --tts  "Langalist.txt"

But when I attempt to change the voice I get an error message _
temp]# festival --(voice_kal_diphone) --tts   "Langalist.txt"
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Obviously I am not using  (voice_kal_diphone) correctly.
Perhaps someone could give me the correct command to accomplish this?

I would also like to know how to configure festival to use whatever
voice I choose with out specifying it on the command line, I haven't
been able to find a configuration file.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia