Sound Problem

Mark Thomas mthomas at interlynx.net
Sun Feb 6 16:22:27 UTC 2005

>> I have turned on all muted controls in the Volume Control and set them to
>> full volume. Lsmod is loaded. The card is a Sound Blaster Audgy 2 2Z.
>> After
>> running the sound detection software, adjusting the volume settings etc,
>> many times, there still is no sound at all. I even tried lying to the
>> system
>> and told it I could hear the sound just to see if it made any difference,
>> but it did not. Bt under FC1, it worked.
>>
> I have an Audigy2 card and I need to mute the 'Analogue/Digital Output
> Jack' to get any sound.
>
>    david

Thanks for replying, David. I have started to get things going. I cannot
play a CD., but I was able to import a CD and have the files play back.
Unlike your settings, I find I cannot mute "Analog/Digital Output." Nor can
I mute the 2nd PCM slider.

Now if I can get the CD playing working. In an Audigy2, should you be able
to hear the playing CD in the Audigy headphone jack? I am thinking that
there might be a hardware setup problem.

Mark