Slightly OT: tracking using LaTeX

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 16:49:55 UTC 2005

Dear all,

In my huge effort to move everyone away from anything remotely smelling
Windoze-y, I am often told that some people prefer using horrible, awful Word
(whether from the bloated Office or from Star Office) even when having to do
complicated equations and mathematical formulae (over LaTeX) because it
provides for tracking of changes to a document. I personally don't care about
tracking, but I am perhaps not that old and wise. Well, anyway, does anyone
know if there is a program which can track changes in a document in LaTeX? It
can not be that different to set up, using a combination of diffs on the old
and the new file, and then including it during the processing by striking out
the old and retaining the new in a different color/type.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks and best wishes!