removing MySQL by using YUM and RPM

Danesh Daroui danesh_d at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 17:48:04 UTC 2005

Hi David,

This is the result of rpm -qa | grep -i mysql:

[danesh at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-5
mod_auth_mysql-20030510-5
MySQL-client-4.1.9-0
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-9
MySQL-embedded-4.1.9-0
MySQL-bench-4.1.9-0
MySQL-python-0.9.2-4
MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.9-0
MySQL-shared-4.1.9-0
qt-MySQL-3.3.3-8
php-mysql-4.3.10-3.2
MySQL-devel-4.1.9-0
MySQL-server-4.1.9-0

I think all RPMs which are needed are installed, so
whats the problem ? (sorry I am asking a question
which is related to MySQL and not fc3) Also, why I can
not remove them ?