Nautilus, Network Server and Windows

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Feb 6 20:42:25 UTC 2005

antonio montagnani ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 05/02/2005 09:04:

> If i digit smb:/ in Nautilus I can access my shared Windows folders on
> my mixed network (I get a window asking for User, Domain, Passord,...).
> If I try to connect by Network server to my Workgroup network I see
> all PC's on network, I see shard folders, but when I click on a shared
> folder name, Network server freezes.
> My shared folders on Windows are NFTS but I guess that it is not
> important
>
> And this is my samba.conf file:
> ____________________________________________________________________________---
>
> # Samba config file created using SWAT
> # from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
> # Date: 2005/02/02 16:43:09
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>    dns proxy = No
>    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>    server string = Samba su PC233
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>    workgroup = Workgroup
>    guest ok = Yes
>    os level = 255
>    username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>    domain master = Yes
>    null passwords = Yes
>    hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24, localhost
>    max log size = 50
>
> [homes]
>    comment = Home Directories
>    read only = No
>
> [printers]
>    comment = All Printers
>    path = /var/spool/samba
>    printable = Yes
>    browseable = No
>
> Any hint??

Definetely it doesn't work.
But if I log as root I can access my shared folders by Nautilus (not by
Network Server anyway).
And I see double instances of Nautilus running.
What is happening?? (in FC2 everything was fine, and I made only un
update with no change in settings)

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3