2.6.9-1.11_FC2smp IPv6 issue

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:31:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:36:33 +0000 (GMT), John Logsdon
 > I downloaded 2.6.9-1.11_FC2smp in early January but have only just tried
> it.  Previously the box was in FC2 but using various bespoke 2.4 kernels
> although 2.6.8-1.521smp had been used without problem.
>
> Booting this kernel has switched sshd into dual-listen mode so that all IP
> numbers are reported as ::ffff:n.n.n.n.  This makes a monkey of my BF

First, when/if you ever upgrade to FC3 you should notice that
a lot of the IPv6 compatibility problems with some applications
are getting better.

Now, there are two ways to force sshd to only use IPv4:

1. Add (or edit) the file /etc/sysconfig/sshd, putting into it:

   OPTIONS="-4"

2. Edit the /etc/sshd/sshd_config file, and change the
    Listen directive to be "0.0.0.0" rather than "::".

--
Deron Meranda