help with video to DVD?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sun Feb 6 23:10:28 UTC 2005

I have a FC3 Athlon box with a firewire card. I would like to make a DVD from
videotapes of an old friend's memorial service. I have two tapes and a
(borrowed) Sony camera that has a firewire port. I'd like to play the tapes
from the camera into the computer, then make a dvd using my LG dvd burner. I
have never done this before and would appreciate suggestions for application
software to ease the task. Suggestions?

Dave
--
As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery, in The Wisdom of the Sands