Attaching a monitor to a laptop.

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Feb 7 00:40:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 12:36, Nick Ruffo wrote:
>> I am trying to attach my LCD monitor to my laptop
>> using SuSE 9.2 but the function keys on my laptop do
>> not work so I can't switch to the external VGA port. I
>> am using a Dell 700m. I am in the process of
>> installing Fedora 3 is it possible to get this to work
>> with Fedora?
>
> Not sure anyone can answer that.
>
> I can say that on a Tecra M2 it does appear that the lcd/crt function
> switches appear to work as expected.

Now that you mention it, on my T41, both LCD and CRT are always enabled in
X, but the switch works in a VC.

Anyone have any idea how to get the switches to work for ATI Radeon
Mobility 7500?

Nick, you might try operating the swithces from a VC and then starting or
switching back to X.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences