Setup Scripts

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 01:19:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 18:56, Alan McDonald wrote:
> Can someone tell me where to find setup scripts for the following:
> I need to setup a mini WebHosting environment.
> I want a script to add a user/password, create a home dir, create a symlink
> for it from home/usr to var/www/html, to create domain host header, to add
> postfix user account so this user can manage their own email for the domain,
> etc and maybe other things to fit in with this need.
> thanks
> Alan

Try this out:
http://chaogic.com/vhost/

Have used this previously and it worked quite well.  It even includes an
option to replicate the websites and associated user data to backup
servers.

It made setting up virtual hosts very easy including email services.

It should work well for a small web hosting service.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

You will be surprised by a loud noise.