timsieved

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Feb 7 02:51:36 UTC 2005

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:41:34

> I see it's in /usr/share/cyrus-imapd but a ps aux|grep timsieve doesn't
> locate it - so I have to assume that it isn't running.

Wrong.  timsieved is started by cyrus-master process.  cyrus-master is the one
listening on all ports (imap, pop3, sieve, nntp, ...) and starts appropriate
service when there's incomming connection.  Check with "netstat -a" if anything
is listening on sieve port (2000).  Or use "lsof -p cyrus-master-pid" to see on
what ports cyrus-master is listening.

> My goal is to integrate 'ingo' from Horde and it says it uses
> 'timsieved' driver.

Check all INSTALL files for horde and ingo, and make sure you have all required
libraries and PHP modules, as well as all required Pear and Pecl modules for
PHP.  Also, make sure you have optional modules needed to support specific
backends that you are using (because some modules are needed only when specific
backend is used, those are listed as optional).  For ingo to use sieve backend,
you must install "optional" sieve module from Pear.

> how do I make it talk?

It's probably already talking (default in Fedora RPM package is timsieved enabled).