Resetting Gnome Desktop

Matt Florido matt at floridonet.com
Mon Feb 7 03:38:37 UTC 2005

Thomas Cameron wrote:

> The "chainsaw" method is to boot the machine to runlevel 3 (i.e. np
> GNOME stuff running), and in your home directory run the commands:
>
> mkdir backup
> mv .g* backup
>
> This will move all your GNOME settings (essentially deleting them) and
> they will be reset to defaults next time you start X.
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas.  That did the trick.  Now I'm attempting to determine why
VNC caused the changes.  I think it's because I had settings to be saved
automatically.

I also need to find out if there is a graceful way of exiting VNC Viewer
instead of simply closing the application.

--
Regards,
Matt Florido