Incomplete Distro???

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 7 06:43:15 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 01:11, Alan McDonald wrote:
>I have to admit that even though I have worked with Linux a little
> over the years, I'm just a newbie with many things...
>But I have to ask, why so many dependent rpms are missing from the
> fedora distro Cds. I wanted to use gcc, so I start trying to
> install and like other things requiring dependent libs, gcc
> requires, in this instance, kernel-headers which is not on the CDs.
>Can someone tell me why?
>Alan

The distro is not 'incomplete' but your install was I suspect.  You
did install all the 'development' stuffs?  If not, then you should do
so before squawking about missing stuff that you may have left out on
purpose, or through not understanding the ramifications of leaving it
out.  Either way its not the distros fault.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)